At PBF we meet primarily to test patches, but maybe you find a bug? You noticed something in Joomla!, for example a link that is not correct? Or you're not sure if a layout or a function is meant to work that way? Here's the question - is it a bug or an intended behavior (feature) or just a misunderstanding? Inconsistencies can be discussed in the PBF in the Glip-Chat. With a little luck "your" bug can be fixed that day.
Where to report a bug?
You can report a bug directly in the Issue Tracker (https://issues.joomla.org/).
A GitHub account is required to use the Issue Tracker. You can register a GitHub account on the https://github.com/ page. You have to authorize Joomla! when you register. Here you will find detailed instructions: Instructions: GitHub.
You can select a language, but only the menu items in that language will be displayed. Why? Because there is no translator for comments. Please pay attention: Only comment in English language, because people of all nations are working on the troubleshooting and most of them know some English.
When you click on "New message", a new window opens.
Now you can comment:
When describing the error, please pay attention to the following points:
- Meaningful name / heading
- In which Joomla! version did you discover the bug?
- Here you can select categories, from A like Accessibility to U like Updating.
- Error description
- "Steps to reproduce the issue": Detailed description of the problem. Best click for click to make the bug reproducible.
- Expected result: What result would you have expected?
- Actual result: Which result did you see instead of the expected result?
- System information (as much as possible): Note here as much system information as possible, e.g. on which device (laptop, mobile phone) or on which operating system (Linux, Microsoft, Apple) the bug occurred?
- Additional comments: Additional information; Please note: The better the description, the easier it is for developers to find a solution.
- Screenshots often help to understand the problem faster.
- When you are done, click on the "Submit" button