This year everything is different: COVID-19 does not allow us to organize an offline event, or only under very difficult conditions. That's why we decided to create circumstances so that everybody can participate online.
In addition, we have used part of the budget to put together 100 PBF survival kits.
Of course we don't just give them out, you have to do something about it. (If you have already done the points: Congratulations, then you can join the contest directly):
- Create a GLIP account and give us the name so we can add you directly to the PBF channel.1
- Create a GitHub account to be able to test PR at the event.1
- Create an account for the official Joomla! documentation to be able to write documentation as well.1
- Between August, 1st and September, 20th, test two pull requests or create one yourself to solve a problem in Joomla! 4.2
- Between August 1st and September, 20th, write at least two texts (no matter if they are new or if you are improving existing ones) with at least 200 words in the Joomla! documentation.2
All done? Great! Now click on this link, fill in your data and if you are among the first 100 participants, you will get your PBF survival kit sent to you.
What is included in the package?
- A PBF pizza cutter
- A PBF glass
- A PBF mask (you know: COVID-19...)
- A PBF pen
- A PBF mouse pad
And now have fun, we are looking forward to you! If you still want to meet people, we kindly ask you to follow the rules of hygiene and distance. Stay healthy and do not underestimate the virus!
1you have no idea how it works? No problem on August 15th we will have a training session at 10am and 10pm where we will go through all the points. Just take part and you will be able to create the accounts.
2You have no idea how to do that? No problem, every Saturday Philip Walton and his team organize a Bugs & Fun @Home event. Just take part to learn how to test or even create PRs. You will also be shown how to write documentation here.
* Of course we try as good as possible to send the package worldwide, but sometimes we can't do this for political reasons (embargoes) or for cost reasons (if the shipping costs exceed the value of the package multiple times). If this is the case, we will write to you directlyprivate and will try to find a solution. However, it can happen despite all attempts that it simply does not work. Therefore we can't give a 100% guarantee that the package will arrive, please bear with us if this is the case.